Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

I'm not the most experienced cook or baker, but this year I've decided to try my best at attempting to make meals other than KD and Mr. Noodles. So far, I've been pretty proud of myself.

I haven't tackled much baking, but my sister's friend Nicole sent me a recipe for muffins that sounded delicious! I had to try them out. I even went out and bought a muffin pan! The muffins are so great. I really think everyone should try them out! Here's the recipe!  

 

Ingredients:

1 cup butter 
1 cup sugar 
2 eggs 
1 tsp vanilla 
1/2 cup buttermilk (can use milk with 1/2 tsp vinager) 
2 mashed ripe bananas 
1 cup oatmeal 
1 tsp salt 
1 1/2 tsp soda 
2 cup all purpose flour 
1 cup chocolate chips (I use 1/2 milk & 1/2 semi-sweet)

 

    Directions:

    In mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar.
    Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
    Add milk and bananas and blend together.
    Add oatmeal, salt, soda, and flour until well blended
    stir in chips
    grease 24 med size muffin cups and fill 2/3 way full
    Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
    Let cool for at least 15 min before serving



      Find more great recipes at Group Recipes. Thanks to Nicole for sending me this recipe!

      1 comment:

      1. Healthier alternative:

        Half the butter and sugar, then add two more bananas!

        ReplyDelete